Hon’ble Prime Minister has exhorted India’s technology leaders to work for making this decade as ‘India’s Techade‘. Technology leaders have played a major role in making India a leader in the field of Electronics and Information Technology. Today, globally India is regarded as an IT Superpower and our technology leaders have played a major role in helping India attain this status.
As India celebrates 75th years of Independence as Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, its time to remember and honour the ‘Tech Champions’ who have made outstanding contributions/achievements in past 75 years in the field of Electronics & IT. In order to identify these champions, MeitY is inviting nominations of scientists/technologists – Tech Champions. Citizens can log on to MyGov.in and nominate their Tech Champions along with brief background and reasons for nominating these champions.
Such work may have resolved fundamental problems, created powerful new techniques, introduced unifying principles, or opened major new fields of research. The intent of the felicitation is to recognise outstanding Indian contribution made in the field of Electronics and IT after independence.
- Recognize outstanding contributions/achievements made by scientists/technologists in the domain of Electronics and IT.
- Highlight the scientific work and talent of scientists/technologists and enhance the visibility of their work.
- Date of launch for inviting nominations 15th September 2021.
- Last date for submission of nominations 7th November 2021.
- A committee constituted by MeitY will make the recommendations of selected scientists/technologists from the nominations received.
- The honour may be bestowed on a single or multiple candidate/s.
- The honour shall be bestowed on persons who have made significant contributions to human knowledge and progress – fundamental/applied in the field of Electronics and IT.
Any citizen of India engaged in research / innovation in the field of Electronics and IT can participate. No bar on age criteria. Deceased persons cannot be nominated.
The Scientists/Technologists shall be honored based on contributions made through work done primarily in India in the past 75 years.
Approval & Recognition
The names of the selected Scientists/Technologists – Tech Champions shall be announced by MeitY after processing of applications and competition of the selection process. The selected Scientists/Technologists will be honoured by MeitY.
In all matters of selection, the decision of MeitY shall be final.
- All Indian citizens may participate in nomination.
- Participants are required to register themselves on the platform www.innovateindia.mygov.in by filling a simple registration form
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All entries obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, irregular, or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with the rules are automatically void.
- It is strongly advised not to wait until the deadline for the submission of entries. Organizers shall not be responsible for non-receipt of entries on account of server errors/ traffic.
- The organizers reserve the right to select or reject any submission without assigning any reasons whatsoever and without thereby incurring any liability to the participant(s) whatsoever.
- Organizers reserve to cancel the competition or modify the rules, dates of the competition anytime. The Organizers shall have no liability whatsoever for any inconvenience/loss directly or indirectly caused to any Participant due to such modification of rules/cancellation of competition and the Participants shall accordingly not be entitled to raise any claims pertaining to the same.
- Once the participants have made submissions on the platform, they shall have no claim even in the event of stoppage/cancellation of the competition.
- Removal/ voluntary withdrawal of member is not encouraged. No other form of modification will be entertained at any point.
- Once such a nomination has been received, MeitY may correspond with the nominee/nominator for supplementary information, if necessary.